Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Our return visit to CHOP

Mike, my mom, myself, and of course Brooke made our way back to Phili yesterday. It was strange to be back in a place I spent three of the longest days of my life. The cyst has remained the same size and must be removed. They still think the mass is benign, but can not be sure until it is removed and analysed. Surgery is scheduled for July 10 at CHOP. She will stay for a few days depending on how the surgery goes, and how quickly she recovers.

I think this brings everyone up to date. Mike and I feel very blessed to have four happy and overall healthy children. Brooke is doing well otherwise.

I am reminded every time I set foot in CHOP how blessed I am. Many of the children I see when I am there are far more ill than Brooke, and face a lifetime of challenges ahead of them. I have faith that God placed Brooke on this earth for a reason, and her future has not yet been revealed to me. I also, mostly, maintain my positive attitude that, "everything will be OK."

2 comments:

  1. Trish, with your consent I would like to share Brooke's name and your blog with various people. They can place her on prayer lists. Please let me know if that is OK with you. Please know that my prayers are already with Brooke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course. I welcome any prayers, support, and wishful thinking!

    ReplyDelete